CU 600V PE PE Cable Loop Detector Lead-in IMSA 50-2
Single Pair Tinned Copper Shielded 600V Polyethylene Insulation, Overall Shield Low Density Polyethylene (PE) Jacket
- Conductor:19 stranded annealed tinned copper per ASTM B 33 and B8
- Insulation:High Molecular Weight Polyethylene HMWPE
- Rip Chord:High strength rip chord for ease of jacket removal
- Drain Wire:Tinned copper
- Overall Shield:100% coverage aluminum/polyester foil shield
- Jacket:Black low density polyethylene PE jacket
Applications and Features:
Southwire’s IMSA 50-2 cable meets the requirements of International Municipal Signal Association IMSA 50-2 specification. Rated for use in traffic signal, traffic control systems, underground conduit and loop detector lead-in. IMSA 50-2 600 Volt series cables run from the junction box to the controller station The conductors are tinned annealed copper 19 strand and covered with an abrasion, sunlight and moisture resistant high molecular polyethylene insulation. The insulated conductors are twisted and wrapped with an overall aluminum mylar foil shield plus a drain wire. A ripcord is added under the black low density polyethylene jacket for ease of removal. A legend marker strip is under the jacket for clear identification. These cables are capable of operating continuously at a conductor temperature between -20°C and 75°C.
• Cable is manufactured by Southwire Company in their Waukegan, IL plant USA.
Specifications:ASTM B8 Concentric-Lay-Stranded Copper ConductorsASTM B33 Standard Specification for Tin-Coated Soft or Annealed Copper WireASTM B174 Standard Specification for Bunch-Stranded CopperEPA 40 CFR, Part 26, Subpart C heavy metals per Table 1, TCLP methodIMSA 50-2
Sample Print Legend:
SOUTHWIRE® YEAR SIZE 600V IMSA 50-2 CABLE SEQUENTAIL FOOT MARK
Table 1 – Physical and Electrical Data