Hard-Drawn Copper, Grooved Contact Wire
Contact / Trolley Wire for Transit Systems
This product offers: excellent corrosion resistance, wear characteristics, and high-tensile strength properties. Hard Drawn Copper trolley wire is offered in the ASTM configurations: grooved, figure 8, or figure 9.
Applications and Features:
For use as overhead power source for subways, light and heavy transit systems, electrically powered mine train, buses, and industrial cranes. Southwire hard drawn copper trolley wire is ideal for high-speed rail transportation system.
• Mechanically Rugged
• High Tensile Strength and Breaking Load
• Low Thermal Loss
• RoHS/Proposition 65 Compliant
• Stable and Reliable for Long Term use
• Easy to Install for Renovating Exiting Lines in the Field.
Specifications:ASTM B47 Copper Trolley WireASTM B116 Figure-9 deep-section grooved and Figure-8 copper trolley wire for use in industrial haulageEN 50149 Railway Applications. Fixed Installations. Electric Traction. Copper and Copper Alloy Grooved Contact Wires.
Table 1 – Weights and Measurements
1. These numbers represent the minimum percent IACS conductivity of the alloys. Other alloys are available subject to special inquiry.
2. Figure 8 and 9 wire are also available upon request. Size 6 AWG (336,200 Cmil) Grooved wall will be regularly furnished as 350,000 Cmil size
3. Tolerances: The above data are approximately and subject to normal manufacturing tolerances Weights, breaking strengths and resistance are base on nominal dimensions