600V CU PVC TFN TRIADS PVC STOS Instrumentation
Type TC-ER Instrumentation Cable 600 Volt Copper Conductors PVC/Nylon Insulated Singles Shielded Triads with Overall Shield STOS. PVC Jacket Heat, Oil, Moisture and Sunlight Resistant RoHS rated for -25°C to 90°C
- Conductor:Class B stranded bare copper per ASTM B3 and B8
- Insulation:Premium Grade Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) plus nylon Black/White alpha-numeric print alternate and inverted. 1-ONE, 2-TWO.
- Drain Wire:Tinned copper sized two AWG sizes smaller than triad size. For #18 awg pair: Drain is 20 awg. For #16 awg pair: Drain is 18 awg.
- Twisted Shielded Triads:100% coverage aluminum/polyester foil shield with an individual drain wire shown in step 3
- Binder:Mylar binder
- Overall Drain Wire:Tinned Copper sized two AWG sizes smaller than triad size. For #18 awg pair: Drain is 20 awg. For #16 awg pair: Drain is 18 awg.
- Overall Shielded:100% coverage aluminum/polyester foil shield with a drain wire as shown in step 6
- Rip Cord:Rip cord under jacket for ease of removal
- Jacket:Black sunlight, oil and moisture resistant Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
Applications and Features:
Southwire’s Instrumentation Cables Type TC-ER per UL 1277 are suitable for installations as outlined in NEC Article 336 for process control and instrumentation, control circuits for operation and interconnection of protective and signaling devices and for general use in manufacturing, industrial and commercial distribution systems. Cables are constructed with 7-strand copper conductors insulated with nylon covered PVC. The triad conductors are colored black, white, red and alpha-numeric printed. Each triad has an aluminum polyester foil with 100% coverage and a tinned drain wire. The overall assembly is cov- ered with an aluminum polyester foil with 100% coverage and a tinned drain wire. The cable is suited for use in cable trays, raceways, conduit, aerial (when supported with a messenger) and direct burial. The cable is rated for -25°C to 90°C and rated for Class I Div II hazardous locations, sun and oil resistant. The jacket is black PVC with a nylon ripcord for easy removal.
Specifications:ASTM B3 Standard Specification for Soft or Annealed Copper WireASTM B8 Concentric-Lay-Stranded Copper ConductorsUL 66 Fixture Wire Type TFNUL 1277 Electrical Power and Control Tray CablesUL 1685 Vertical-Tray Fire Propagation and Smoke Release Test (1/0 and Larger)EPA 40 CFR, Part 26, Subpart C heavy metals per Table 1, TCLP method
Sample Print Legend:
SOUTHWIRE® XX AWG XX SHIELDED TRIADS PVC/PVC TYPE TC-ER E75755 (UL) 600V 90°C SUN AND OIL RES SEQUENTIAL MARKING
Table 1 – Weights and Measurements
Table 2 – Weights and Measurements (Metric)
Typical Electrical Specifications for Each Triad